Saturday, July 10, 2010

Loving Bridal Couple - Vive les mariés!

Hello again!

I’ve been quite busy since our return from London (see my previous post). Finally, I managed to create a card, yay! It’s a wedding easel card I made for a friend who is getting married this summer. I so so LOVE the Magnolia bridal couple, they’re so sweet! Such a perfect stamp for my card (and for my blog header, lol)


I’ve spent a lot of time on this card, even if the card doesn’t seem so complicated :-)

Lots of punching, stitching (as always by hand as I don’t have a sewing machine) and distressing (with my new Distrezz it all machine :-)). I had made 3 pocket hearts until I was satisfied with the final version that is inside my card! Then came the flowers – quite a challenge for me as I wanted to create something different. I ended up creating 2 lines of roses with white pins at each end (see details below). The longer line inside keeps perfectly the card front from closing.


The weather has been very hot and sunny here in Brittany for the last 2 weeks. This time I decided to take the photos of my card outside and show you a little bit of our coast. This place is about 5 minutes from where a live. How lucky I am….The view of the rocks and beaches is beautiful from here and it creates a perfect background for my card, don’t you think?


Without further delay, here is my card:

Here is the detail of the bridal couple. They were colored with my copics and all Tilda’s dress was painted with Smooch Illuminate. It gives a nice shimmery look to it. I’m afraid you can’t see it well on the photo:

Below is the close-up of my poctet heart. I found the idea browsing the Splitcoaststamper gallery. There were many projects with this heart based on a template. I didn’t use the template as I wanted the heart to be different shape and with more dimensions. Instead I used my Spellbindres Dies – both scalloped & classic hearts, 2 circles which I bent to create the pocket. The brad was originally strong red color, I darkened it a bit with my copic marker (RV69).

The red heart inside the pocket can be pulled out and used for a message. I usually use sentiments in English but this is for a French couple, so the sentiment will be in French. Haven’t decided yet but probably Félicitations (congratulations in English) written in a white singo pen. The red ribbon says something like ‘to the bride and groom’ even if there is not an exact equivalent in English, I think (exact translation word by word is – long live the bride and groom).

And the detail of my flowers. I quite like the result…. I used almost all of my tiny red & white roses and ‘hat’ pins, lol…..but wedding is such a beautiful occasion, it’s worth it, right?

I sprayed the roses with Pearl Glimmer mist, unfortunately the picture doesn’t show all the shimmer.

I'm entering my card to the following challenges:

ABC - you and me

Stampalot challenge - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer


supplies:

Stamps: Loving Bridal Couple, Wedding Rose Arch from Magnolia Wedding 2010, Stampin’ up Wheel – Very Vintage

Copics:

Skin: E 13, 11, 00, R20

Tilda’s hair: E 49, 59, 25, 53

Edwin’s hair: E 31, 25, 29

Roses : R 29, 83, 81,Y35

Dress: W 3, 1, 00

Trousers: W3, 1, 00

Shirt: C 3, 1, 00

Arch: E 29, 31, 33, 25, 21

Roses: R 22, 83, 81, copic glitter pen (red), YR 18, Y 35, YG 99, 97, 95, 91,

Grass: YG 99, 97, 95, 91

Background: BG 0000

Paper: from Tim Holtz –Vintage Shabby pack, Magnolia – Fairy Tale Pink Rose

Tools:Martha Stewart punch around the page – Eylet lace, border punch –Doily lace, Spellbinders Nestabilities –Scalloped heart & classic heart, Distrezz it all machine, Inkessential white opaque pen, Ranger blending tool, Scor-tape, 3d foam tape, thread & needle

Embellies: Wild Orchids crafts - roses, pins, white pearl spray and antique pink baby’s breath; heart button; American crafts pearl brad; Glimmer mist –pearl; Smooch Illuminate, Stardust Stickles; Ranger stickles –frosted lace; Organza ribbon; Satin ribbon ‘vive les mariés’; white lace trim

Inks: Colorbox Pigment, Hero Arts Shadow ink –soft blossom, Distress


PLEASE, tell me what you think, I’m not sure whether it is “pretty” enough to be given for such a special occasion. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Take care!

Hugs,

Silvie



Wild Orchid Crafts have decided to start their own Wild Orchid Challenge blog. The challenges will all be based around using embellishments on your progects, so you don’t have to be a stamper to take part. Their first challenge starts on Monday 12th July. To launch the challenge blog Paul and Siri have gone beyond their usual generosity and are offering a fabulous candy (see picture in my sidebar!)


44 comments:

Caroline said...

Bonjour Sylvie,
Ta carte pour ces jeunes mariés est absolument magnifique : un très beau choix de couleurs et une colorisation parfaite de ce beau petit tampon Magnolia. J'adore !!!
Bon week-end
Caroline

Dena said...

Silvie! Your card is beautiful. That little heart in the pocket and the roses are just gorgeous details!!! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

Myrna said...

Silvie your card is amazing!!! I can't believe you did all that stitching by hand! Love your heart pocket too! They will love your card!

Cheryl M said...

Silvie, Your card is just beautiful! The details are amazing! Anyone would be honored to receive this card.

Linda said...

Just amazing!!! It's so beautiful !!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Silvie, this card is just stunning! What a beautiful job you've done with the coloring and all the precious details of the card. The little heart pocket is really delightful your colors are so rich and warm. Fabulous job...

Tracy V. said...

Pretty enough?? This is beautiful. You can tell that you put in alot of time...it shows. Very nice. I have to get that background stamp. it comes out so nice!!

Tracy

Christina C. said...

OMG, Silvie, you lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!! Love your "backyard"!!!
Silvie, your wedding card is GORGEOUS...I am amazed at all the work you put into this phenomenal creation. It is a work of art!!!

Autumn said...

Silvie, this is stunning! I don't think this is basic at all, I'm not suprised it took you a while to make. Fab job with the stitching and that little pocket is so cool! Gorgeous, TFS!
xxAutumn

Pen to Paper said...

All I can say is WOW!!! This card is amazing and I KNOW your friend will love it. I just made a card using this couple but my card pales in comparison to yours! I can't believe how much detail is in this card and how gorgeous it is! Congrats! Oh and I love your scenery!

Hugs,

Jackie

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my this is absolutely divine!
So beautifully coloured and your design is amazing!
Gorgeous colours and details!
Stunning creation!
Love the view of your coast so awesome!
Glad you have a great time in London and the weather was kind to you!
hugs
kim x

Danielle Champagne said...

J,adore ta carte Silvi! Ce petit couple est si joli! J,aime beaucoup le design de ta petite pochette en coeur à l'intérieur, c'est très original. Ton choix de couleurs et de papiers est très joli. Magnifique création.
Danielle.

shelly said...

Silvie, this is just gorgeous. No worries hon, your friend should will treasure it!!!
hugs,
Shell

pinky said...

Silvie its definitely pretty enough lol. Love all the attention to detail and the beautiful choice of colours you have used. Gorgeous background to the photo too! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Leonie said...

O My Silvie this is amazing!!!! I love all the details. The roses with the hat pins look fantastic! Going to have to try that one and I love your wedding couple with the rose arbor. One of my fav stamps from the wedding collection. Its all so gorgeous!
Hugs Leonie

Peggie said...

Gorgeous! Love the roses and pearls.

Rene said...

Such a beautiful card (and view!)...your friend will treasure it! Great job....colors, design, all the special extras...just a beautiful beautiful card!

Sally H said...

It's definitely pretty enough! Beautiful! Looks very summery too. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Only By His Grace said...

You have certainly put a lot of work and love into this card. It shows. Your hand stitching is amazing. The coloring is beautifully done and love, love that heart. Your friends will treasure this card. I would.
Hugs Marion

Linda S. said...

Oh My Goodness, Girl!! This card is truly a work of art, and without question, it will be treasured for a lifetime by the lucky couple receiving it. It seems that you have thought of every little detail. And thanks so much for telling us how you accomplished all those little details. Gorgeous, Just Gorgeous!
Linda S. in NE

Deb said...

No Sylvie - it is not good enough - IT IS TOO GOOD, you silly girl!!! I hope these are very special friends who deserve such a beautiful card with so much loving detail. Well done! By the way......love your view!!!
Hugs,
Deb xoxo

Crystal said...

Oh my word Silvie this is sooooo beautiful, soooo much to look at!!! LOVE this image and your coloring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! GORGEOUS papers and layout too!! WOW!

brenda said...

Hi Sylvie

This is verry pretty and very secial, a wonderful card to receive.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Hello Sylvie,
Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
Your colouring is brilliant and I love the heart pocket.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Cordine said...

Sylvie, your card is absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Francesca said...

Great colours and wonderful details on this card,
thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot challenge and good luck!.
Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chelsea said...

Oh Silvie,
You are so lucky to live only 5min. from a wonderful place like that.
Your card is already amazing, the background is a perfect fit!
I can picture this beach wedding! Just beautiful work.
Luv,
Chelsea

Pam said...

Your card is amazing. All of the special details just make it stand out. Your coloring skills are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you create next.
How very blessed your are to live in such a beautiful place. I would be there everyday!
Hugs.
Pam

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous!! I love where you get take such beautiful pictures too!

Kathy Gerace said...

What a stunning, beautiful card! It is certainly beautiful enough to give for such a special occasion. I can only imagine the hours you spent creating such a gorgeous card!
Kathy Gerace

Irene Daryanto said...

Silvie, how come you're not sure it's pretty enough, I think it's super duper pretty and I'm sure the bride and groom will absolutely LOVE it, I know I am, lol, specially photograph with that background.

cabio's craft corner said...

Totally gorgeous card Silvie and I LOVE it!
Hugs,
Cabio

virginie13 said...

coucou, ta carte est magnifique, ne t'inquiète surtout pas elle va plaire aux mariés, bises

Louise said...

Oh Wow!!! Ta carte est superbe, tu as beaucoup de talents, les couleurs sont magnifiques

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is breathtakingly beautiful I have spent so long just looking the detail and beauty I so love everything about it thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nina S. B. Macaulay said...

OMG!! I just 'fell' into your blog and ive been here for about 30mins just gawping at all your beautiful cards!!!
You have such tallent! I will be back for sure now that I am a follower :O)
I have holidayed in Britany, you are lucky to live in such a lovley place :O)

Hugs Nina

Pam said...

It shows you put a lot of work into this card. It is just gorgeous. and I am not just saying that to make your head big. LOL! All of the detail! Wow! I can't believe you do all of that stitching by hand. The heart pocket is adorable fits perfectly. I just love your card!
Hugs,
Pam L.

Jodi said...

Gorgeous work! What a beautiful easel card you created. The red is just perfect!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

megline said...

Tout simplement magnifique Silvie. Ta carte est superbe et je suis sure que les gens à qui elle est destinée vont apprécié tout le temps mis pour la réalise. Les petites fleurs sont super belles et les mariés très beau. Et le décor est magnifique, quel beau coin de pays. Je vais aller le visiter en septembre mais juste à côté, en Normandie.

Line :)

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Wow Sylvie. This card is absolutely stunning, your friends will love receiving this to celebrate their wedding. I am visiting your blog for the first time today and have enjoyed admiring your work. I've become a follower so that I can keep coming back. Hope you enjoyed your trip to London and managed to buy some crafty stash during your visit. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my, is this gorgous or what?! Love this card, especially this little rose/pearl accent and ofcourse your stitching (which I also do by hand, it is so relaxing, but I have to admit it takes a lot of time to make a card this way).

I would love to see you make a card with a Karen's Doodles ;) You can find a new freebie at her webshop every month!

Warmest greetings, Renata

Nancy said...

Silvie, I think this card is lovely and the recipients should be delighted with it. You put so much work into it, and it shows. Truly beautiful. The views of Brittany are lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Silvie
Your cards are stunning Beautiful.....gorgeous
hugs
sylvie
xx
Gibraltar