Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tilda with Big Ribbon - La Vie En Rose

Hi everyone:

Today I'd like to show you an easel card with Tilda With Big Ribbon from the latest So Special collection. The shopping window 'Boutique' comes from the last year's Magnolia Bon Voyage collection.

Even if my card is all in pink, it’s not a Valentine's card :-) I had created this card for a contest here in France where the theme was New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t make any resolutions but wanted to participate :-) I remembered this beautiful satin ribbon I had in my stash and I wanted to use it on my card. So I computer generated the sentiment as a New Year’s Resolution to match my ribbon: “Voir la vie en rose”, which means something like "See Life in Rosy Hues". I’m not sure here if it makes sense to all of you English speakers, I hope it does, lol. “La vie en rose” is also a well know signature song by a French singer (Edith Piaf), performed by many other arstists as well. If you youtoube it, some of you will surely recognize the melody.

I'm entering my card to the following challenge: Wild Orchid Crafts - Let's Get Sentimental

Hope you like my card:

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Tilda With Big Ribbon (You're So Special 2011), Boutique (Bon Voyage 2010), sentiment is computer generated
Copics: Tilda: Dress, socks, bow: RV19, 17, 11, 10, 00, 0000; Hair: E59, 53, 49, 29, 27, Skin: E13, 11, 00, 0000, R22, 20 Shopping window: B01, 0000, BG0000, C3, 00, letters: R89, 85, 83, 81, 0000 + copic spica glitter pen (red&pink on the letters, yellow on the Gold rings); bricks: E19, 18, 17, 13, 11, 0000; wood: E29, 25, 33, 31, 21
Paper: Magnolia - Angel Love (Once Upon a Time 2010), Prima marketing Ruby - Flirty Little Secret, heavy based cardstock
Tools: Spellbinders Grand Labels One, Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic & Scalloped hearts, Martha Stewart border punch - Cherish; Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Distrezz it all machine, Ranger blending tool, 3D foam tape, Scor-tape.
Embellies: Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, flatback pearls, My Mind's Eye - brad, White pearl hat pin, pink dew drops, Waco Pearl marker, satin ribbon 'vie en rose', silver bead cap, Stardust Stickles
Edges distressed with Ranger Rusty hinge & Walnut stain Distress inks.

I'd like to sell this card, so for all that are interested, this card is available For Sale on Ebay.


Thank you so much for your visit and your lovely comments.

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,


34 comments:

Martinas Welt said...

Silvie, your cards are just amazing! I am always suprised that your next card is even more beautiful than the last, if you can say so as all are just gorgeous!!! I know "La vie en rose"...of course! It is well know here in Austria too and I have also seen the movie about Edith Piaf's life. In Austria you say you can watch life through pink shaded glasses....so perhaps this suits as well a bit ;) Le card est tout magnifique!!!
Martina

Shake said...

hello Silvie!
So pretty creation, I love this new stamp and I think it's perfect with the boutique stamp!!!
so lovely combo!!!

hugs, Albert

Scrappinangler said...

Wow!! This is increrdible! This has to be one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen! The details are amazing! I am sure it will sell imediately!

Leslie Avila said...

OoOh, Loving this one Silvie! Absolutely love the reds and pinks together. Fabulous!
Blessings to you~
Leslie

Cami said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Sylvie! I like this shaped easel card, the DPs, your coloring, pretty embellies! Just so beautiful! Hugs, Cami

Karen's Fun Blog said...

So very gorgeous!! : )

Dena said...

Silvie! You blow me away with your gorgeous cards! The rich color and super pretty coloring style are amazing!!!!
hugs, Dena

Only By His Grace said...

Well Sylvie you have done it again.
I am sitting here looking at all the beautiful elements on your card.
Your coloring of Tilda is perfect. I love her rosey red cheeks. Her dress and the bow in her hair looks awesome. You sure do inspire me.
Hugs Maz

papirdilla said...

Ohhhhh, really amazing creation!! I love every little detail you've added. Perfect! And your colouring is just out of this world!!WOW!

Hugs,
Hanne

Crystal said...

WOW Silvie this is totally BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the design of your easel and all your details are amazing girl!!! Your coloring is STUNNING!!!! GORGEOUS work!!! WOW!!!

Rene said...

Now THIS is an amazing Valentine card! Soooo pink and pretty and girly and wonderful! Excellent again Silvie!
Rene :D

Abbylicious said...

Soooo beautiful Slivie! Your coloring is awesome and I love the colors! You did a wonderful job!!!
Judy K.

Beth said...

What a gorgeous card, Silvie! I LOVE everything about it....great job, as usual!

Danielle Champagne said...

Allo Silvie, Quelle jolie carte! Quoi de mieux que La vie en rose, en plein coeur de Paris, à prendre un café ou un verre de pastis, en compagnie de son amoureux... Edwin doit avoir pris cette photo magnifique de Tilda. Tout est parfait, je crois entendre Piaf chanter...
Bravo. Danielle.

Cricket said...

Beautiful. The embellishments are outstanding.

Sandy said...

Hey Silvie - this card is every bit as pretty as you are dear heart! I love it!! It is soooo gorgeous!!
Fondly,
Sandy Dehon

Christina C. said...

Silvie, your card is a magnificent work of art!!!! Your coloring skills are over-the-top GORGEOUS!

Leonie said...

O Silvie this is totally gorgeous!! Love the richness of the colours and the diecuts and punchwork is just all stunning as is your colouring and flowers. Love it all
Hugs Leonie

Shelly said...

Lots of beautiful layers. You can tell you spent a lot of time and care on it. Really pretty colors and tones =)C'est magnifique!!
hugs,
Shell

Norma said...

Oh Silvie, this is breathtaking. Fabulous colouring of this adorable TiIda--can't wait for mine to arrive. Amazing attention to details: the stitching, the flowers, the pearls and the other embellishments. Love the heart and the layout. So beautifully put together. I adore your card.

Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

wow this is so very romantic and sweet Silvie. Love every single details on this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Waw, Sylvie, your card is awesome! All your cards are! Love the coloring, the papers, the layout! You really have a wonderful sense for details and layout!
Lovely embellishments too!
Hugs, iulia

Kelly Neis said...

your card is perfect and so extremely beautiful.

céline said...

Hello Silvie,

Ta carte est de toute beauté et que dire sur la colorisation............. sublime !!!
La vie en rose ,très belle chanson .
Bizes

syllie said...

Hi Silvie, This is so amazing beautiful. The colors, paper, flowers everything is perfect.
Hugs Sylvia

Ronda Archangelo said...

Your card is so beautiful and full of incredible detail! I can't wait to have a look at your past cards...this is my first visit.

Angela said...

This is the most beautiful Valentine's card I've seen! Love the bright pink/red papers and all the gorgeous embellishing! Your coloring is fabuous! Beautiful job my friend! hugs, Angela

Maline said...

Ouh, voici une carte pleine de romantisme, tu es déjà dans l'ambiance de la St Valentin on dirait hihi. Elle est très réussi en tout cas. Bisous

Lisette Morris said...

Silvie, this is stunning!! I love the beautiful shade of pink you used. Gorgeous!

Monique said...

Oh wow Silvie. Your card is absolutely gorgious !! I love it. Your colouring is awesome as always :)).

Hugs Monique

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...stunning! Luv everything about this fab card. Your colouring is beautiful.

xoxo,
Lori

ellabella said...

This is stunning Silvie,fabulous colours and details!perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful!
Janine

Paula said...

STUNNING! I love it! The details are just incredible!

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

So beautiful!